Husky Talk

Omaha Northwest High School's Online News Publication

Husky Talk

Husky Talk

Student Spotlight – Rah’Myia Wells

Today I interviewed Rah’Myia Wells. I wanted to spotlight her because we are gaining a closer bond and I want to learn more about her.

When asked about her childhood and what it was like, she said “both good and bad, there were some flaws.” It wasn’t too good, but she had good times. Next, I asked her what her favorite memory was. She said that she has lots of good memories that she could call her favorite.

Her most favorite memory was when her and her family went to Texas and rented out an air B&B and stayed to have quality time. By the way she answered that question, I could tell she enjoys being with her family. Next, I asked her: if she could go back in time, what would she tell her younger self? She responded, “to stand up for myself and speak up.” She also said that she’d tell herself “life will get better.”

For my fourth question, I asked her what she wants her life to look like after high school. She wants to go to beauty school so she can be a professional hairstylist, and maybe own her own shop. Lastly, I asked her the most important question of all. I asked, “What is your biggest achievement?” Her biggest achievement was when she had a GPA over the average for a middle school student. It made her feel good about herself. I really enjoyed interviewing Rah’Myia and learning more about her and her life.