Spotlighting Students: Wishes for the Future

We went to interview Northwest students at our school in a trio group. Our reasoning was to get to know these students and highlight their interests and dreams. We left journalism with a press-pass at 1:40 and went to Intro to Child Development, room 241. We first asked Mrs. Lichty permission to see one of her students for an interview. She happily gave us permission and sent Arianna Hazell. We then asked Arianna if she was okay with us recording or taking pictures and she said she’d rather not. We respected her privacy and began asking her questions. The first was “What’s your dream occupation, and why?” Arianna said she wanted to be a veterinarian and take care of animals. We then asked her our next question, “if you had three wishes, what would you wish for and why?” Arianna said that she would want unlimited money for wealth, to live forever, and to have a lot of friends so she’d never get bored. We then thanked her for allowing us to interview her and said our goodbye’s and headed to our next destination.

Next, we went to Family Living, room 240 and asked Mrs. Wesslund if we could see two students this time. She told us we could, and we picked out Laylah Hazell and Brendan Benbennek. We first interviewed Laylah and she gave us permission to record and take pictures of her. We then proceed to ask her questions the same questions as Arianna. As for dream occupation, Laylah said she wanted to be an interior designer and to be creative with it to inspire others. For her wishes she said she would want to be surrounded by people she loves, have her dream job, and to be her own boss to boss others around. We then thanked her and moved to Brendon.

Valerie Hodges (left) interviewing Laylah Hazell (right) (Tandrea Hill)

We asked Brendan if pictures and recording was fine and he said no, so we respected his wishes and proceeded to interview him. When asked about his dream occupation he said that he wanted to be a professional MMA fighter. If he had three wishes he said he would want to be in a different time period, be immortal, and be surrounded by friends and family. We then thanked him for letting us interview him and went downstairs.

Finally, we went to room 133, Weightlifting. We asked them if we could interview one of their students and they told us we could. We then chose Jeremy Molloy. We asked him if we had permission to record or take pictures of him and he declined. We then proceeded to ask him our two questions. Jeremy said he wanted to be a UFC fighter because he wanted to be athletic. For his wishes he said he wanted to be taller, be immortal, and have a lot of candy corn.

In all honesty, we all loved interviewing our peers and we’d love to do it again.